[TenTec] Station and AC Ground

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Wed Nov 30 22:05:53 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Detweiler" <rdetweil at hotmail.com>
To: <tentec at contesting.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Station and AC Ground

> Just a side point,
>
> If you are having rf currents on the outside of your coax,  there will be
> alot of problems,  from RFI at the minimum to damaging the radio in the
> extreme.  Ever feel a RF Burn?
>
> They make RF Current meters to detect that,
>
> Best wishes,

Yes, I've had some bad RF burns in a past life.  Ouch !  Slow to heal also.

That's why I use such care never to allow RF to flow on the outside of my
Coax.

Takes a lot of work with chokes to accomplish that thoroughly.

You need a lot of choke impedance at RF frequencies.

But it works.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ