[TenTec] [FWD: RE: More Orion II Pics]

George Skoubis george.skoubis at verizon.net
Mon Oct 3 23:02:41 EDT 2005

First of all, this isn't meant as an attack on anyone, this is just my
opinion...

People's expectations aside, I'd rather they focused on the code
bug-fix/performance aspect rather than working on a prettier display format.

>From all we've heard/seen so far from Scott/TenTec website/beta tester
rumors it seems like this is where they focused.

I don't have anything against choice of fonts and a prettier display but no
one will be able to convince me that these aesthetic aspects have the same
level of priority that the functional ones do.

It just doesn't matter to me how the meters look, I'm interested in hearing
a weak signal that has strong signals above and below...

Also the code works with both the color and b/w screens so if there are more
pixels in the color screen (I couldn't find the resolution of either display
listed on the website) the programmer is probably limited to using the
resolution of the b/w screen.

I've had my Orion since April 2004 and am very happy with it. Sure there are
a few idiosyncracies that I'd like to see addressed (waiting impatiently for
V 2.xxx like the rest of you) but in the meantime I've been pretty
successful working almost every signal I hear/try from Southwest Wisconsin.

73,

George / KF9YR