[TenTec] Centurion 40 m. oscillation

Mike Hyder -N4NT- n4nt_m_o_hyder at charter.net
Tue Oct 11 17:18:36 EDT 2005

There is much anecdotal evidence that the type oscillation reported can be
due to loose coax fittings -- fittings on jumpers that are not sufficiently
tightened.

Replacing the coax with one of a different length often cures the trouble,
not because of the cable length but because when replacing the cable the
hapless operator tightens the fittings properly.

I am not saying that cable length makes no difference, just that my
experience has shown the trouble to be loose fittings.

73, Mike N4NT