[TenTec] T-T 555 Scout

J. W. (Dub) Thornton dub at oklahoma.net
Thu Oct 13 08:45:03 EDT 2005

Jim:

If you do get the info on installing a RF Gain control in the Scout,
please forward it to me.  I attempted to email the guy that said
he had posted one to the Ten Tec reflector, but his email bounced
for me.

We will get this module thingee ironed out, I betcha.  I was so certain
I had sold all the 20 meter modules, that I just did not check it.  I know
better than to rely on my memory for anything.

I also tried to call you on phone yesterday, so I could go ahead and get
the module in the mail, but Switchboard.com shows you with an unlisted
number.

Thanks, & "73"

Dub

At 08:53 PM 10/11/2005, you wrote:
>   I just bought a Scout at a hamfest this weekend...pretty little
>thing...but, it only has 3 modules (40,17 & 10 meters)..so I have a
>couple of questions:
>   (1) are the other modules still available?
>   (2) will this rig work with the 10 to 6 meter transverter?
>   (3) is there a location that has any useful modifications..I don't
>want to degrade the appearance, but rf gain, an easier way to control
>the power output (my auto-tuner doesn't like more than about 5 watts for
>tuning)
>   any information would be appreciated...
>   many thanks
>   Jim, KU4VE