[TenTec] Fan for Omni 6 Plus

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Tue Oct 18 08:12:51 EDT 2005

I do the same thing, except that I bought the fan new ($3).  The only
problem is that the fan is designed for 12V and my shack supply is more like
13.8 V. The fan sounds like a jet engine at that voltage. My solution was to
wire two fans in series. At 6.9V each, they are very quiet.  I actually
wired them up with a switch that allows them to be off, in series or in
parallel. If the heat sink ever gets really hot, I can put it in 'turbo
cool' mode - but I've never needed to do that.

73,
Mark