[TenTec] I need a Titan 525 Expert!

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Fri Oct 28 20:43:09 EDT 2005

Don't call me an expert, but I have been running Titan 425 QSK for 15 years. I think you might be on the right track about RF timing and that's the first area I'd look. Anything in the exciter's T/R sequencing circuit that could degrade the contact closure of its amplifier-controlling relay and allow exciter RF to be present at the amp's input before it sequences to transmit is suspect. Have you put the amplifier into QSK transmit by manual means (foot switch, key, short, etc.) and then keyed the exciter? You shouldn't have to bypass the RF sense circuit if you can force the amp into QSK transmit before keying the exciter.

What's the SWR between the exciter and amp when the exciter is key down and the amp has no output?

What exciter are you using with the amp? What modes are you having the problem with; PTT/VOX SSB or CW or QSK?

73,

AB9M - Gary
www.csm-gh.com<http://www.csm-gh.com/>