[TenTec] jupiter

ron roncasa at verizon.net
Mon Oct 31 14:42:53 EST 2005

Hello TT fans:

Has anyone have experience with this radio during contests??

My club uses a TS570 and we all agree it to be marginal.
Main issues being desensing from nearby stations.
We use it mainly for CW contesting (we're outnumbered by
SSB folk but we very popular during field day, heh heh).

I brought my Argonaut 516 in one time and draws circles around the
570.

Purchasing the Orion would not be an option. (Well, how many
clubs have money)??

Better yet, how about any experience with older TT rigs to meet
contesting requirements as well as casual rag chew?

My goal is to have a TT rig in the club by nx year.

Ron wb1hga