[TenTec] Orion relay

Henry Pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at worldnet.att.net
Wed Sep 7 21:56:39 EDT 2005

Len - FWIW -  I finally got tired of listening to my  relay boing on break -
tore the Orion apart and replaced the relay  (TT had sent me a replacement
relay) - I can no longer hear it unless I put my ear right down by the rear
of the Orion. Took two hours start to finish including firing it up with
covers off to be sure all was still OK. Turned out I could replace it from
top of the board and did not have to unsolder the SO239 to get at the two
legs. Took a little judicious use of solder sippers and solder wick but sure
beat unsoldering the connector . Point is there is a heck of a lot of
difference in different relays noise level.

 Rgds-- Hank K7HP