[TenTec] RS232-Orion-WriteLog-SteppIR

Lawrence Stoskopf stoskopf at tri.net
Mon Sep 12 09:42:07 EDT 2005

I never have gotton the Y cable to work with the Orion, new model Dell,
SteppIR combo to work.  The Orion will talk to the Dell/Writelog until I
plug in to the SteppIR controller and then it all says "No Rig".  Noticed
yeesterday that occasionally would get the same message in just casual
operation.  My last hope is that the RS232 signal is "weak" so just ordered
one of those $40 boosters/range extenders.  Wonder if it should go at the
rig to Dell interface or at the Dell/SteppIR cable?

N0UU