[TenTec] Orion II

Grant Youngman nq5t at comcast.net
Thu Sep 15 09:50:41 EDT 2005

> It is more than strange, it's bizarre.   Am i to understand
> there is a
> display ad in QST that either doesn't show the rig, or shows
> the Orion 1?

No, it shows something "in-between" the Orion and Orion II -- with the black
and white display "curled" at one corner to reveal a color rainbow
underneath.  The radio has an Orion II logo.  Other than that and the
screen, it's pretty clear the two boxes look the same from the front.

I'm less concerned about "strange" (I don't see it quite that way) than just
seeing the new display in the flesh :-)

More than that, I'm hoping the release of 2.0 isn't too far away.  I'd like
to be able to try it on my Orion before the II shows up on the doorstep.

Grant/NQ5T