[TenTec] Hercules II

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Tue Sep 20 10:09:47 EDT 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 11:53 PM, Ken Brown wrote:

> I think it is the Hercules not the Hercules II for which PA  xsistors
> are no  longer available.
>
> If you can find a Hercules 1, be sure to get a Paragon 1 to go with it.

The Herc I cosmetically matches up to the early OMNI (such as the
OMNI-C) with its "charcoal" color.  The Herc II came out around when
the Paragon I and Corsair II showed up (with the new lighter color
scheme).  I don't recall if the Herc I bandswitch interface (ever hear
that stepper motor clacking? ... its cool) worked easily with rigs
after the OMNI-C.

Clark
WA3JPG