[TenTec] Hercules 444

Paul DeWitte K9OT k9ot at mhtc.net
Wed Sep 21 01:21:46 EDT 2005

In the fall of 1986 I bought sight unseen from someone that I talked to on
20m SSB an Omni C. Which I might add, I still have and use on a limited
basis. Great rig.

A few years later I guy that I know was disposing of a silent key's estate
and offered me a Hercules 444. It worked perfect for several years and then
had a band switch problem. Yes the fan made noise but with heasphones on it
was never a problem. That combination netted me many new countries. I had
around 200 barefoot with the Omni C alone. A great pair.
It had GREAT QSK and 500 watts output. It was also much cheaper than my
Centurion but not as much smoke up the wire.

73 Paul K9OT