[TenTec] Jupiter SWR Read out

Bill Brannick wmlb at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 29 15:30:54 EDT 2005

I suspect this may have been discussed here before and, if so, my apologies.

I have been using a Palstar AT1-KM for several months,. It is, by all
accounts a very good antenna tuner...

That being said, I have experienced on quite a few occasions where in,
if I tune for a 1:1 SWR indication on the tuner, I observe that the
Jupiter's digital read-out is showing perhaps, a 1.3:1 readout.
Conversly if I tune for a !:1 indication on the Jupiter the tuner shows
that same 1.3:1 indication.

Obviously there is nothing wrong with a 1.3:1 SWR. I am just wondering
why I get the "disagreements" between the Jupiter and Palstar.  I also
have read that you should always tune to satisfy the rig and not the SWR
meter on the tuner.... BUT since the Jupiter is much more a CPU
surrounded by the essential radio components, I wonder how infallible
that digital read out is.

Bill