[TenTec] The ORION II sure makes me happy, mostly

Kc9cdt at aol.com Kc9cdt at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 10:15:08 EST 2006

Dan,
Wel said Sir.

Very well said.

Oh by the way... TT DOES monitor this reflector!

I will continue to do whatever I can to help make OII an even better radio,
on the reflector, direct communications with TT management and DitsnBits.

Orion is a terrific radio, we can help TT make it even better, they obvious
need our help as I don't think they have a lot of resource for testing (hence
the beta group).

TT is a good American company, with excellant products over time....

These Orions are leading edge products, the HW is outstanding ( WOW the front
end is awsome), and the firmware is the issue here. We are the field testers,
(per Gary at TT's comments on 1/31/2006) there is a lot of very experienced
Hams here that are helping to determine what's needed to get it all right.

IMHO I think when we talk about the negatives in the firmware (I sure don't
hear many complaints about the HW) we are trying to be sure we are
communicating with each other to try to get the diagnosis correct. Then we can send to TT
DitsnBits to tell the engineers what we think a problem is or what we would
like different. We need to communicate on all these things to be able to be sure
we are together as much as possible on the problems/desires.

The other alternative (maybe some would prefer this?)
Lets just say to TT the Orion V2, and OII V2 is done. don't touch it.
Then we can all meet here to just say ... wow this is terrific, I love it
just the way it is.
>From what I here here and on the air, most owners are not ready to say that.

IMHO, the Orion's are very good the way they are, just need some addtional
work to make improvements in some areas that a lot of very experienced, serious
contesters and weak signal DX chasers have identified.

73,
Lee, KC9CDT

73,
Lee, KC9CDT