[TenTec] Orion static susceptibility and headphones

Pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at worldnet.att.net
Wed Apr 5 23:18:38 EDT 2006

My 565 Orion is also extremely  sensitive to any static discharge when I
start to plug in the phones. Same deal as yours - kills the audio - I have
adopted my personal Orion salute which involves holding the phone plug in
one hand  and grounding myself to the Centurion case before touching the
Orion - That has always worked for me -

145 days with no precipitation is no help for static eletricity conditions
either ! Maybe the xyl's six cats are no help either !

73 de Hank K7HP

Subject: [TenTec] Orion static susceptibility and headphones