[TenTec] "The Bug" a/k/a Orion II Audio

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Thu Apr 6 23:37:03 EDT 2006

Stop whining?  Sell the radio?  Sorry - that's not the  point.

Fact is -

Orion is a work in progress.  Can we agree on that?  Is anyone  going to try
to make the case that Orion is working properly in every  aspect?  There are
still issues that are broken (noise reduction,  NB+NR+Notch=no audio).  There
are still strange things happening  (intermittent raspy distorted audio and
loss of receive audio or  sensitivity)  There are aspects of ver2 that do not
work as well as they  did in ver1 (noise reduction and transmit audio).

We are all beta testers here.  To that end, we need to document and  report
things that don't work correctly.  If someone says turning the  flamgibit is
causing the flimgibit to make a funny sound, it is appropriate for  other users
to try it and comment.

If everyone experiences the problem, it is a safe bet it is not operator
error or one radio's malfunction.  If it is operator error, we have all  learned
something.  If it is one radio's malfunction, we know to send it in  for
repair.  If 47 people report an issue, maybe it will get  attention.

K4ia  "Buck"
Fredericksburg, Virginia USA