[TenTec] Signal generator recommendations?

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at gulseth.net
Sat Apr 8 20:46:46 EDT 2006

Needing more advice here:

I'm thinking strongly that I need to pick up a signal generator since I seem
to be quite frequently dealing with minor issues on my "collection" of old
PTO based rigs. What would be a step up from the old Eico/Heath etc. type
offerings that would [hopefully] be inexpensive and have a relatively small
footprint? I'd like to have a calibrated attenuator if possible but beyond
that, as long as it covers the HF range and is reasonably stable I'm not
picky (analog is fine, doesn't have to be synthesized). Also, I'd prefer
solid state if possible. Maybe something of the older HP etc. offerings like
the HP 8601 without the sweep function?
--
TNX/73, Al

NOTICE to spammers and email address harvesters: you are hereby prohibited
from harvesting, reselling or redistributing this email address in any form,
or sending unsolicited commercial email ("spam") to it. Should you choose to
violate this prohibition, you agree that you will compensate the holder of
this address according to the following schedule: for harvesting this address
(by manual or automatic means), $100,000 per incident; for reselling or
redistributing this address, $10,000 per copy; and $1,000 per unsolicited
message ("spam") sent to this address. You also agree that you will
relinquish any or all business and/or personal assets necessary to satisfy
this obligation and any associated costs of collection and/or legal fees.
Failure to read this notice does not release you from liability in this
matter.