[TenTec] General coverage RX/XCVR suggestions?

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at qsl.net
Sun Apr 9 21:25:11 EDT 2006

Al:

The Ten-Tec 1254 kit is a very nice receiver. The 4 kHz filter is a
compromise, though, a little wide for SSB and a little narrow for AM.
However, there are inexpensive filters on the market which you could add
with a little relay or diode switch. Check out the Kiwa Electronics web
site. They have several filters that would work.

For the best broadcast band and general shortwave reception, you nee a
big old boatanchor, like anything from the Hammarlund HQ series.

			73,

			Bob WB2VUF