[TenTec] RX-320 / RX320D

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Tue Apr 11 16:12:03 EDT 2006

Jerry,

The only difference between the two is that the D model brings the 12 kHz IF
out to a jack on the back.  If you search the web or the archives here. It's
a pretty simple mod.  That signal is then fed into a computer soundcard line
input for decoding DRM broadcasts.  If you're not going to be decoding DRM,
you probably don't need it. Other than the IF output, there's no difference
between the two and either should work fine with your Pegasus.

FWIW, I have found that using the 12 kHz IF output on the Pegasus (another
simple mod, especially since the Peg has a SPARE jack) works better than the
RX-320. This is because the Pegasus has an RF gain control which the RX-320
lacks. With my Carolina Windom 160 antenna, the Canadian DRM broadcasts
would overload slightly and reduce the S/N ratio. Backing off the RF gain on
the Peg improved reception.

73,
Mark