[TenTec] FS: BARGAIN Pegasus Pod

Craig Roberts crgrbrts at verizon.net
Wed Apr 12 13:55:29 EDT 2006

For sale:  Ten Tec Encoder/Keypad Model 302.  Works and is cosmetically
like new -- $39.00 shipped (U.S. only).

Too good to be true?  Well, sorta.

Y'see, I said it works -- and it does.  But it does have a glitch.  When
Carl's software engages and this pod is plugged in, the frequency
display defaults to the numeral "8". Clicking on the desired band button
corrects this problem and it does not reoccur (until the next time you
turn on the radio and software, that is).

Now, when using the native Ten Tec software, this problem does NOT
occur. However, it "skips" on the frequency display unless the knob is
rotated fairly slowly. Then, it works fine.

I had this very same problem with the tuning opti-coupler on a Mackay
Marine shipboard receiver once.  A bad IC was at fault.  This might be
the problem with this Ten Tec pod.  Ten Tec's fantastic service
department steered me toward buying a new pod since the service charge
on this one might have made factory repair economically unwise.  So, I
bought a new one.

If you'd like to play with this functioning if faulty pod, please Pay
Pal $39 (a savings of $100 over a new one) and I'll ship it to you
complete with interface cord. (By the way, this will work on a Jupiter,
too -- it's just painted for the Pegasus).

73,

Craig
W3CRR