[TenTec] help/paint

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Wed Apr 12 19:05:02 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 16:56 -0700, W EC wrote:
> I am trying to refurbish the case on my 238 tuner,& the case of my omni5. We all know ten tec`s paint is no longer available. I called the company that made the tentec grey .they would make it again if I WOULD BY 20 GALLONS! This cost prohibitive. Anybody know of a close color match? I could scrape some paint off of the case , take it to a paint store with a computer, but I don't know if the small paint flakes would be big enough. Can anyone help me,or point me in the right direction? Replys off line are ok. Thanks guys. Cordy (n9wd at yahoo.com)

Take a panel or cover from either case. Be sure its clean.

Or for touch up, decide if its gloss or flat, then start with Testor's
model paints. Probably battleship gray, then add white or black until
you get a match to suit your eye. Sometimes a gray needs a dab of blue
to match but grays tend to be mostly black and white blended.

--
73, Jerry, K0CQ,