[TenTec] Omni C self-test

Chuck Guenther ni0c at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 15 08:44:31 EDT 2006

Mike, N4NT wrote: "1. What do I need done that my Omni-C won't do?"

I am the proud owner of an Omni C and an Omni 6.  I enjoy both radios-- but for different purposes.  The Omni C is great for casual ragchewing and general listening on the ham bands, and it can hear DX very well also.  However, when I want to find DX, I use the Omni 6.  The Omni C has a frightfully fast tuning rate for scanning the bands.  Also, it's fixed 750 Hz pitch is way too shrill for my aging ears.  Ten Tec has indeed come a long way, and when I am able to afford one, I'll be going for one of the Orion series.

73,
Chuck  NI0C