[TenTec] Reflector is getting effective at killing sales

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Mon Apr 17 09:47:47 EDT 2006

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 06:34:30AM -0700, NJ0IP wrote:
> Hey Berry, in my 30 years of working in the IT industry (where the software
> bug was invented), I do not recall anyone ever publicly publishing a bug
> list and certainly no list of expected fix dates.

Mainframe manufacturers often did this. IBM stopped around 1979 when they
had an on line searchable database of bugs. It was employee only until
around 1985 or so. They continued to publish the list of bugs fixed
in a release or update.

There was no longer any need to publish a monthly bug list, one could
just search (or ask your IBM support person) to do it for you.

Sun also does it.

Microsoft includes a list of bugs that were fixed in a service pack. They
don't list schedules AFIK. It's all publicly available on their web site.

Skype also told me a bug I reported would be fixed in the next release,
but they lied.

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838