[TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters!AlsoeffectsO2v2.032

Robb Urie rurie at cox.net
Thu Apr 20 20:29:11 EDT 2006

Well after reading about this "bug", I tried to duplicate it.  Using the
Orion with V2.056, I can perform
the A>B and not have an offset.  When I do the A>B both in split or simplex,
the freq and mode from
VFO A transfer.  Using an external receiver, I verified that the frequency
is correct.  Now, if I assign
TX, RX, and Sub RX to VFO A, then when I perform the A>B, the mode does not
change to the value
of VFO A.  Really not an issue as I leave Sub RX on B.

My normal operation for split is to perform the A>B, then assign TX to VFO
B.  I guess I'm used to the
A=B on the Omni 6+.

So at least I can report that this "bug" is not in my system.

I will say this, if I leave my Orion on 60M using VFO A prior to powering
down the system, when power is
reapplied, the receive on VFO A and B are off frequency.  I usually have to
perform the A/B to correct
this or simply jog the VFO knobs.  I seem to remember that this occurred
after loading 2.054.  Best fix action
is not to leave the radio on 60M at the end of the night.

For whatever this is worth,

Good Luck.

Robb..., NØRU
Poquoson, Va.