[TenTec] V2.055 bug /watch out on 60 meters!

Ron ron at morell.us
Fri Apr 21 16:34:25 EDT 2006

I've been thinking about this discussion.  At first I thought it was funny,
but after consideration I think a review of the ORION Sub receiver function
might be the right direction for this conversation.

As I understand the radio, the Sub is there for general coverage and to be
used as a spotter for the Main transceiver.  With that said, It would be
reasonable to assume the frequency of the Sub receiver for the transmitter,
but it is a stretch to assume the mode of the Sub will control the
transmitter.  It would be more logical and useful in my opinion if the mode
of the Main RX controlled the mode of the transmitter.  Given the way the
radio is designed I would expect that the Main RX would always be used to
control the transmissions and the Sub would be used for listening only.
Given how easy it is to change VFO A or B to either Sub RX or Main RX, I can
understand how assumptions might be made, but given the understanding of the
ORION, I don't think all assumptions can be considered "correct".  Some
limits and boundaries are to be expected.  Free form operation is not yet
obtained.  HI
73
Ron
KA7U