[TenTec] working with V. 2.033

Ron ron at morell.us
Thu Apr 27 20:40:07 EDT 2006

Installed the version 2.033 in the ORION 2 a while ago and the initial
things noticed are:
1. The NB/NR/NOTCH lose the audio problem is now fixed
2. The speech processor seems to work better (on my microphone)set at 3
seems optimum.
3. The monitor level does not go as high in volume
4. The microphone gain control seems a little different.
5. The audio EQ settings are different and on my microphone setting the TX
EQ = +5dB seems about right.

My microphone is Ten Tec model 706, (with the wind sock).  I've left the
L.F. Rolloff @ 150 Hz and the TX Filter BW is set at 3000 Hz.  Audio sounds
solid and natural as received through another receiver.  It will be
interesting to see how linear the audio is on a scope.  So now to read all
about it for the next few days.

http://rfsquared.com/cms-files/02566hist.txt

It is spring and I've got to get back to work outside.
73
Ron
KA7U