[TenTec] Ver 2.033

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Fri Apr 28 22:14:09 EDT 2006

I ran the SSB frequency response yesterday on v. 2.033 and found it to be
identical to the previous tests with the settings at BW=3900, LF Cut-off=50,
EQ=0.  The EQ level calibration appeared to be more accurate, IOW setting it
at +6db gave it 6 dB of boost at 100 Hz vs. around 3 dB in the previous
version.

I also tested to see if the low frequency response changed if the TX BW was
changed, and I could not see any difference.

I have noticed that the AM works different in that the power output is now
about 50 Watts, and does not change as the PWR control is reduced from 100%
to 50%.  Below that, the ALC light comes on and the audio starts getting
distorted with serious downward carrier shift.  There is also some carrier
shift on peaks at 100%.  If you run AM at 100%, it's probably fine, but
since I generally run through an amplifier and only need about 10-12 Watts
carrier, this could be a problem.

Ron
N6AHA