[TenTec] Corsaair II Problem Question???

OTAKEBI at aol.com OTAKEBI at aol.com
Wed Aug 2 17:00:24 EDT 2006

I am getting bad signal reports on my Corsair II.
Was told of a staccato sound to the transmit audio signal.
I thought of RF or mic problems.
I used another rig to listen to the transmit signals and I could hear what
best could be described as a slight gurgling sound and you could really  tell
it was taking place on sustained words.
I was getting full output into a good antenna with flat SWR and ALC light
was blinking and no speech process.
Tried a different mic same problem.
Went to my OMNI V and it was clean with good audio.
So, I think we can eliminate mic problems and RF.
I am using the same power supply on both rigs so I guess we can also  exclude
that as a problem.
Power supply is an Astron RS-35M and is grounded.
Drawing 18 Amps tops at 90 watts on 10 meters so that is in spec.
Although, it could be FM'ing.
Power cable???
Any ideas before I dig in?
Thanks,