[TenTec] Can't Take It Anymore

Toby Pennington toby423 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 7 09:31:55 EDT 2006

Rich, N7MBX wrote...........

The constant harangue on this reflector is deafening...and now there's ragging on a radio that hasn't even hit the market

This is indeed very curious,  as I have been reading the same posts and from my perspective don't see the ragging or criticism that you do. There have been some posts about the red dot vs. the black dot and other silly things like that,  but I have not read any serious post criticising the Omni 7.

In fact most are anxiously awaiting more information on the specs of this rig in order to determine whether a future purchase is in their future.

Most comments lately about the O2 have to do with the ARRL review.  Even with the comments about this most are only expounding on the shortcomings the ARRL reviewer has picked up in his report.  Since you paid a lot of money for the O2 it is only natural that you are disturbed by these negative comments and shortcomings of the rig you now own.

In reality,  I believe this may be the source of your frustration and not just the off handed remarks offered here on this reflector.  The truth sometimes can hurt.  But I am hopeful that your rig will be fixed of any shortcomings and bugs that recentlly have been the source of a lot of controversary.

Toby  W4CAK