[TenTec] ADMIN: Re: Orion II - Tech Topics

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 7 23:35:47 EDT 2006

I think Bill has a good point here.  Arguing ad infinitum and ad nauseam
on the
list about actual or perceived shortcomings of the Orions isn't getting
us very far.

While there are other lists dedicated specifically to the Orions, Argo
V, vintage
Argonauts and, most recently, the yet-to-be-released Omni VII, discussion of
* all * Ten-Tec amateur radio products, past, present and future, is
on-topic
here.

I don't want to see anyone bullied off this list, nor do I want to see
further
beating of dead horses.  If you've made your point at one time,  move along.
Anyone curious about a specific feature or problem probably can find
numerous
instances of the discussion in the archives.

Recently I have had a number of complaints about the s/n here as pertains to
the Orions, personal attacks, and general redundancy.

I would hate to resort to the extreme measure of making this a moderated
list.
No one will like it if that happens, as I will be approving messages
once a day.
I won't like it either, because it represents more work and time for me.

So, let's keep the discussion going, but keep it civil.  And let the
deceased
horses rest in peace.

Thanks for your cooperation and 73 de Jim - AD6CW
List Administrator