[TenTec] Orion II - Tech Topics

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Tue Aug 8 15:41:32 EDT 2006

If we want real frequency stability, here is what is needed:

http://www.bliley.com/n47x___nv47x___co_08.pdf

I wonder if TT would be willing to order a few of these custom since a
volume purchase would be needed, and offer them as an option on new units
and a mod to existing units?  It would require a simple board to solder to
the existing circuit board, but there is plenty of room to accommodate it.
They could also add a trim pot on the board to fine calibrate if the 'EFC'
version is used.  Imagine having frequency stability and accuracy to one
part per 10 million and 10 dB better phase noise, too!

I'd pay $200-$300 for that, which would build in a fair profit for TT if
more than a couple dozen were sold.

Ron N6AHA