[TenTec] Orion II - Tech Topics

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Tue Aug 8 16:15:23 EDT 2006

I notice such things...even that net control of the Sunday 20 meter TT net
is always 20 Hz low in frequency on his Jupiter!  And I hate it when I'm in
a round-table or a net and not everyone is on the same frequency...even 10
Hz is noticeable to me.  The Orions drift about 20 Hz during a warm up
period that takes up to three hours (unless you do my fan mod) at 15 MHz
WWV, which equates to 40 Hz on 10 meters.  If you're driving a transverter
for multi-mode on two meters, that results in 200 Hz drift, which is way
into 'Donald Duck' territory!

Ron N6AHA