[TenTec] ATU for Scout?

M. P. Haynes k4beh at juno.com
Wed Aug 9 10:01:57 EDT 2006

Hi Alan,

I have two 291's that I have used with various T-T rigs, Scout included.
They work very well and are about the same size as the Scout.  I modified
mine by winding a small 4:1 balun and mounting it inside the case.  I
used the ground screw for mounting. I placed a poker chip on each side of
the balun and drilled a hole through the center and then used a screw
throught it to secure it.  I mounted a feedthrough insulator pair
adjacent for the balanced line connections.  Works like a champ!  The 291
doesn't have a built-in SWR meter but that is no problem with the T-T
rigs.  Just select the SWR position on the rig's meter and tune for
minimum SWR.  Good luck.

73,

Pat-K4BEH