[TenTec] Top 10 with mouse only controls - WAS: "End of an Era"

RaySoifer at cs.com RaySoifer at cs.com
Sat Aug 19 11:16:59 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/19/06 3:09:37 PM Greenwich Standard Time,
retire at means.net writes:
> With all due respect and congratuations on your operating,  VHF/UHF just
> doesn't present the same challenge as HF operating.

Having done quite a lot of both over the years, I would suggest that VHF/UHF
is just as challenging as HF, but the challenges are different, i.e.,
extremely weak EME signals in quasi-white noise vs. extremely weak DX signals in
atmospheric noise and heavy QRM on MF/HF.  (OK, for you 6-meter buffs out there,
there IS heavy QRM on 6).

73,

Ray W2RS