[TenTec] end of an era

Jim jdunbar28 at mchsi.com
Sat Aug 19 12:09:51 EDT 2006

Just an observation.

I don't think "Real Knobs and VFO Controls" will be disappearing. The
technology will be providing just about any kind of rig you could ever need.
Software Defined Radios, Processor Driven Radios, and advanced Hardware
designed radios, as well as Hybrid Radios which will be a combination of
Software Defined and Hardware designed, as well.

If you are into tracking all of the new gear coming out, the amounts and
types of HF / VHF / UHF, etc; of Rigs  or chioices is on the increase, and
not the other way around. The population and different types of rig choices
is way more than it was years ago.

So, I think it is going to be an interesting future, with the technology
explosion, and also being able to put all of these rigs on networks, remote
control, digital modes, high speed CW, and a combination of AM, FM, SSB, and
advanced digital Voice modes.

73s to all,

Jim
K4PV