[TenTec] Argonaut V

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Mon Aug 21 11:17:54 EDT 2006

I've recently received temporary custody of a very nice Argonaut V (w/TCXO) on behalf of a friend currently in the hospital.

However, all I got was the radio, mike, and power cord; no manual, no software (if any) to go with it.

As I'm sure you can understand, since I will be returning it to the owner sometime in the future, I don't want to make a huge investment in it.  But if anyone can point me in the right direction (outside, of course, from the Ten-Tec web site) to find more information on operating the rig and on any software to interface it, I would appreciate it.

I'm hoping to erect the vertical this week at the new QTH, and in the attempt to keep a low profile, the Argonaut will do just fine at it's power level.  Once I get the main shack back together, if I still have the rig (we don't know yet how long my friend will be hospitalized), I am hoping to interface it for some PSK-31 work.

Please reply direct (wn3vaw at verizon.net) and not to the reflector.

Thanks!

73, ron w3wn