[TenTec] Two rigs, same antenna at same time?

Sinisa Hristov shristov at ptt.yu
Mon Aug 21 18:33:07 EDT 2006

Barry Gross wrote:

> I don't think there's any way you're going to be able to listen on one
> rig with the same single feedline antenna that the second rig is
> pumping rf into however, assuming that's what you're really asking.

Exactly that was done by YT6A team at WRTC.
It was possible to transmit on one band (14, 21 or 28 MHz)
and simultaneousle receive without any interference
on another band using the same log periodic antenna.

Here's the message I sent a month ago:

  PT5L (YT6A) WRTC Station Design has generated a bit of interest,
  and I've just uploaded some information.

  Please download http://www.yudx.net/WRTC06PT5L.zip (5.12 MB) and unpack the file.

  You'll find the Station Design document, some pictures from Brasil
  and a 14-minute stereo MP3 file illustrating the system operation.

  By all means, please use stereo headphones to listen to the recordings.
  Recorded QSOs are listed in the "PT5L WRTC 2006 Stereo.pdf" file,
  along with some additional information.

73,

Sinisa  YT1NT, VE3EA