[TenTec] Using the 302R remote keypad with the Orion

Eric Rosenberg wd3q at starpower.net
Sat Aug 26 23:25:37 EDT 2006

Jerry --

Here's your answer!

GL + 73,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

-----------------

From: "Tom Althoff" <althoff at verizon.net>
To: "Eric Rosenberg" <wd3q at starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Your Orion Encoder Mods

Hi Eric -

I did not document what I did at the time but generally you cut the
traces to all keys except the 5 and the 0.

 From top to bottom crosswire top row to bottom row, 2nd row left button
with 2nd row right button, and bottom row (E-0-.) left button with
bottom row right button.

Then you take a small screwdriver and carefully pry off the caps of the
buttons to arrange them as:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
E 0 .

I'm convinced that Ten-Tec cut engineering costs by purchasing off the
shelf computer components for the remote pod, power supply and
auto-antenna tuner
instead of designing them themselves.

Good luck...not much you can do to break the pod.

73 de Tom K2TA