[TenTec] Orion no Tx, no main Rx

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Mon Aug 28 17:52:20 EDT 2006

While the version could very well be the problem, I would look at the keying
voltage and current to be sure it's within the Orion's specifications.  IIRC
without looking at the schematic, it uses a 2N3904 to pull down amp keying,
which limits the dissipation.  I have had no trouble keying my older TT
Titan (425), and although the voltage is higher than spec, I measured the
current at only 4 ma.

Ron N6AHA