[TenTec] ORION2_COMMUNICATION_WITH -2_DEVICES

George goofyham at highstream.net
Tue Aug 29 15:52:24 EDT 2006

Anyone have their O2, or O1 for that matter working with the SteppIR controller and their computer using a RS232 DB9 Y cable. I called the SteppIR people and they said nada, no, it won't work!
>From my limited background it would seem that one cannot have two devices trying to communicate with the third with the RX and TX pins 2 & 3 tied together.
The SteppIR Y cable came with pins 2-3 and 5 connected to the O2 and the same pins to my computer and that just won't work!
I guess what I'm saying is how can I get my Orion2 to communicate with my SteppIR control box and my logging program at the same time????
Has anyone wrote a program to accomplish this? I could hook the Orion2 to a computer com port and the SteppIR box to another of my computer Com ports and let my computer do the decision making which should get what.
Thanks.
George