[TenTec] Ok, Off Topic, but long time no talk to folks...

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 29 15:54:38 EDT 2006

Counterpoise,  absolutely,  Needs to be the wave length,  also can get a
artificual ground, use it with the counter poise.  ( TT I think made one )

gutter,   maybee but 'low' power, like 10 watts.  Joints are good source for
rectification.

Watch out for TVI,  a real headache with TV's, especially older ones.

Watch out for Phone Interference,  might want to filter your lines but
really even that might not help.

Would try a vertical maybe mobile antenna with a gound plane,  3 wires the
length of the band needed,   I've found that you can use ribbon cable.  then
split up several wires leaving what looks like one wire but is actually
several different lengths of wire for the desired bands.

Speaking of which, have you thought about going mobile?  much better
situation.

Tuner ' yes ' or better yet,  base load the antenna with a coil.

Can try a high guage magnet wire strung around the outside,  again low
power...

lots of ideas,   but really is a matter of practicality and what you want to
do.

Best wishes,
Rich
K5SF