[TenTec] Ok, Off Topic, but long time no talk to folks...

john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com
Wed Aug 30 08:05:03 EDT 2006

I ran virtually the same setup (rain gutter from 2nd floor). I attached a wire just as you
mentioned...with a sheet metal screw. As noted, stray RF was everywhere  *until* I attached 1
1/4 wave ground wire for each band to the tuner.  Volia, no more stray RF. I used ~22 gauge
wire pushed under the baseboard with the eraser of a pencil. Worked great.... I tried a
balanced antenna inside, but although it would fit, (after a fashion) it did not work as well
as the gutter.

Any antenna deployed is better than any antenna on paper.,,, so go for it!

John K5MO