[TenTec] Omni 7 Specs???

Tommy aldermant at alltel.net
Wed Aug 30 12:52:45 EDT 2006

 From the Omni VII TenTec web site specs:  "Our new Distributed
Roofing Filter architecture places narrow filters in both the 1st and
2nd IFs at just the right places. " !!!

I've always thought that the term 'roofing filter' meant pre-IF
filters. Isn't it true if filters are placed in the IF chain, they
are NOT roofing filters, but IF selectivity filters?

Also "Legendary QSK CW includes adjustable rise and decay
times."  Marketing jibberish? What the heck does 'rise and decay
times' have to do with full QSK?  No mention of rcvr recover
time?  'Legendary' meaning what? To my knowledge, Ten Tec has never
put any specs on QSK or full-QSK, maybe since the disappointment with
the Orion's, it's about time for them to explain exactly what they
mean by QSK or go back to specifying receiver recovery time? I would
hope they would do that. I would think it would be unwise to spend
another 3000 bucks just to find out if it actually works or not.

The 'new' ALC really does sound very interesting and neat. However,
to my knowledge, Ten Tec's gear is about the only gear that does NOT
have a leading edge RF spike.

Tom - W4BQF