[TenTec] Noise Reduction Setting

wa3fiy at radioadv.com wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Wed Dec 6 12:53:57 EST 2006

Hello Gary,

I've been considering a hearing aid but my hearing problem is a tough one.
I am deaf in my left ear and my right side is very poor.  But the big problem
is very loud tinnitus.  In fact the tinnitus is louder than any other sound I
normally hear.  When I try amplification as in hearing aid, it just makes the
tinnitus even louder to the point I cannot stand it.  So, I'm not sure what I'm
going to do.

With the Orion's great AGC, I can set up levels such that I don't annoy the
tinnitus yet hear most of what is happening, especially on CW.

73 es Merry Christmas,

-Lee-

WA3FIY