[TenTec] Hopefully, my Christmas present will be ...

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 7 08:55:24 EST 2006

Grant, I missed your original post so I may be off base here - if so just throw me out at first...
When my OII was delivered a few weeks ago, right out of the box it did exactly the same... Called TT and Stan (salesman) said the radio is unlikely to be bad right out of the box because they installed my filters and tested it two hours before shipping, and he has heard this problem before and that I should tighten the grip on the DC power pins and polish the oxidation off  the pins on the DC plug and jack by unplugging a dozen times...  Did the tighten the pins, a bit hard but using a tiny flat blade screw driver to gently lever the female contacts together so they fit tighter on the male pins, a squirt of contact cleaner and exercising the plug and jack for 20 seconds and the problem went away... ymmv...

denny