[TenTec] Circuit breaker tripping excessively DIAGNOSED

Craig Roberts crgrbrts at verizon.net
Fri Dec 8 11:59:37 EST 2006

I've found a culprit in my battle with the trigger-happy circuit breaker.

To recap:  The magnetic circuit breaker in my Model 225 power supply
trips just as my Argosy II's output reaches the ALC activation point.  I
was able to eliminate the symptom by adjusting the SWR bridge (on the
Low Pass Filter board) so that it was off the null point in REV mode.
Since ALC voltage is derived from the same circuit that drives the
meter, this pointed to an ALC problem.  Sure enough, one of the pair of
diodes that rectifies the the ALC voltage was open.  Replacing it should
solve the problem (at least I hope so).  An order has been placd with
Mouser and I'll let you know how the repair goes next week. We wonder,
of course, why the diode blew.

Thanks to all who have offered advice and counsel.

73,

Craig
W3CRR