[TenTec] Noise Reduction Setting

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Sun Dec 10 00:13:31 EST 2006

That's right Jerry.  But I did not say it could.  Just commented that FIR
filters work pretty well when made with suitable characteristics.  Only the
"real" DSP chips I talked about way earlier in some of my posts can do that.
But we are being driven to the conclusion that such a chip may possibly not
reside in the Ten Tec Orion.  If it did, then it would be capable of doing
what you and I and others have said it could do.

I heard someone identify the chip earlier - from an earlier version of the
radio apparently.  However, the chip nomenclature given did not ring any
bells with me.

Ten Tec....are you listening ?  Care to step in and instruct us ?

73 de Gary, AA2IZ