[TenTec] Pegasus Control - Follow Up

Mark Erbaugh mark at microenh.com
Sun Dec 10 18:26:32 EST 2006

I did a little more testing with my Pegasus control software. It looks like when you first power on (or perhaps reset the DSP) the Pegasus, Keep Alives are enabled, i.e. if you key the transmitter with no serial data coming from the computer, the Pegasus does not go into transmit.  If you then issue the disable Keep Alive (#8<cr>) command, the radio will go into transmit with not data coming from the computer. When you issue subsequent enable Keep Alive (#9<cr>) commands, the Pegasus responds with Z (unknown). The Pegasus will go into transmit, so it appears that Keep Alives are disabled.  It looks like there is no way to enable Keep Alives (other than a reset) after they have been disabled.

73,
Mark