[TenTec] Noise Reduction Setting

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Sat Dec 16 09:32:48 EST 2006

> Something the ear and spectrum analyzer may show is the
> character of the attenuated noise. I'd expect an adaptive
> bandpass filter to have a considerable depth to the skirts
> and the noise left

It would depend on the number of filter taps, which drives delay and
processing power requirments.  Heck, it's even possible to have the number
of taps be an adapted parameter (I don't think that's going on in Orion's
NR, by the way).

It's all speculation in any case.  As much as I'd be interested in seeing
the details of the algorithm du jour, with the number of cooks we have
guessing about it now, imagine what would happen if the algorithm details
were actually published :-)

Grant/NQ5T