[TenTec] Arrl and code

John B. Egger john_egger at comcast.net
Sat Dec 16 19:54:28 EST 2006

john wrote:

>	Its pretty sad that some people believe the ARRL did anything to keep
>code. Regardless of multiple member polls, they've always been lukewarm
>code supporters at best.
>
>	The FCC I understand...they're a big lazy bureaucracy, and we're nothing
>but a money sink.  Their success at  getting away with abdicating their
>responsibilities is impressive however. Can you imagine if long haul
>truckers were able to get their drivers licenses from trucker school?
>
>	A sad day. Off to the bottom end of 20, before the ARRLs winlink jammers
>get to it...
>
>	John K5MO

Probably not coincidentally, the CW portions of our bands have been
drastically reduced. Admittedly some of them were seldom crowded, but it
just seems like part of the same picture.

As for the ARRL, I agree with John... lukewarm on CW, at best. Every
mention of expanded phone bands in QST, or in the emailed ARRL letters,
seemed to have triple exclamation marks. Well, until the FCC actually
outlaws CW that's where I'll be.

--
--John K3GHH
Registered Linux User #291592